It’s no secret that weddings are all about the bride and her dress. However, that doesn’t mean the groom should neglect his looks on his special day! After all, it’s not every day that you get to dress up in a fancy suit and tie. But with so many wedding suits for men out there, it can be tough to decide which style, colour, and fit to choose. Don’t fret—we’ve got you covered. Here’s our essential guide to picking the perfect wedding suit for men.
- The Style: The first thing you need to consider when choosing a wedding suit is the style. Suits come in many different styles, from classic single-breasted notch lapel to trendy peak lapel and, double-breasted jackets. Decide which style suits your personality, body type, and the wedding theme best.
- The Colour: Next, let’s talk about the colour. Black, grey, navy, and tan are the most popular colours for wedding suits for men. If you’re having a black-tie wedding, then stick to a black tuxedo. If you’re having a summer or beach wedding, go for a light-coloured suit like tan or light grey. Navy is perfect for a winter or autumn wedding. Just make sure that your suit colour complements your shoes, tie, and pocket square.
- The Fit: After you’ve decided on the style and colour of your wedding suit, it’s time to think about fit. A well-fitted suit will make you look and feel confident on your big day. Make sure your suit jacket is snug but not too tight, with enough room for you to move around comfortably. Your trousers should be tailored to fit just above the ankle with a small break. Don’t forget to have your suit tailored to prevent any embarrassing wardrobe malfunctions.
- Accessories: When it comes to accessories, less is more. Pick a dress shirt that complements your suit colour and fits your neck and arms well. Your tie should be simple but elegant, with a knot that matches your collar. Skip the novelty socks and stick to plain black or navy. A dress watch and leather belt will complete your look.
- Budget: Lastly, remember to plan and budget for a good quality suit. Investing in a well-crafted suit made from high-quality fabric will ensure that it lasts for years to come. Of course, you can rent or borrow a suit, but there’s nothing like having a suit that’s tailored just for you. It’s your day, after all.
In conclusion, choosing the right wedding suit can be daunting, but it doesn’t have to be. Follow these simple tips and you’ll be sure to rock your suit on your big day. Remember to choose a style that suits your personality, a colour that complements your theme, and a fit that makes you feel comfortable and confident. Accessorise minimally and invest in a good quality suit. With these tips, you’re sure to be the best-dressed groom in the room. Cheers to your happily ever after!